Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tombstone Tuesday - Picture in a picture

Ok, so I have seen this done on several other sites (such as flicker, blogto and makeuse. Using an old photo, you go to the place the old photo was taken and take a new picture with the old one in the new picture showing what the place looked like when the original was taken.......confused?

Well, here is how mine turned out...
In the original picture is my paternal grandmother, paternal grandfather and my father (you can't really see him in this picture, he's between his parents) standing behind my grandmother's parents tombstone. Both pictures were taken in Buffalo Cemetery, Larue County, Kentucky.

The original picture was taken after 5 January 1948, the day of my grandmother's father, Robert William Shofner, death. Maybe even Memorial day of that year, given the summer type of dress that my grandmother was wearing and that would have given them enough time to get the tombstone done.

I have posted the story of "Pa" Robert William Shofner's death here. I've also posted a close up of what the stone looks like now here.

Oh yeah, that's my son's hand holding the picture. Both of the kids where with me on this trip to the cemetery. I think they're starting to like going. Shh! don't tell them. 

Lining up the picture was a little more difficult than I thought it was going to be but after a couple of times I think it turned out pretty good.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

2 comments:

  1. Debi,

    Thanks. I have a few more pictures that I know where they were taken and am thinking about trying to do this again. It was actually pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails