Monday, September 19, 2011

Cool use of Twitter!

Ok, so I don't have a smartphone and I'm not on Twitter. I know - how is that possible?

Anyway, when I see things like this it makes me want to at least set up an account so that I can follow along.
"RBS Group Archives is using Twitter to bring a unique account of the 1745 Jacobite rebellion to life. From today, they will tweet diary entries from John Campbell, the cashier in charge of Royal Bank of Scotland during the Jacobite uprising. His diary records how he paid the rebels in gold from reserves held in Edinburgh Castle and the first tweet will be his diary entry from 14 September 1745, the day he took the bank’s valuables to the Castle in anticipation of the Jacobites arrival in the city."
All I can say is AWESOME!

I have also seen where this is being done with John Quincy Adams' diary. Question: why are more places/institutions/museums doing more of this and publising it everywhere? What better way to get kids interested in history than to show that people 100 even 200 years ago are just like we are today....well minus the computers, air conditioning, televisions, etc.

Thought I would just share this with you. I better go the new season of "How I met your mother" is about to start.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and come back now ya hear! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails