Sunday, June 5, 2011

This is The Face of Genealogy!


Geneabloggers asked us to respond to an article published in the LA Weekly about the upcoming SCGS Jamboree.  I couldn't pick just one so I am posting this collage. This is just some of the wonderful things that I have that make up my genealogy!

The article contained a picture that, IMHO, is very childish and unprofessional as to portraying genealogists and our ancestors. Maybe my ancestors did have one or two missing teeth, maybe I have a couple of ancestors that married their 2nd or 3rd cousins but I also have ancestors that graduated from Princeton in the 1700's and blazed the trails that founded this country!

While writing this posting I was double checking all of the links and as of 3:15pm EST today (it looks as though on the same day that it was posted) the picture has been taken down and changed to the SCGS Jamboree Iphone app.

Little did the LA Weekly know what kind of hornet's nest they were going to stir up with one picture.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails