Thursday, September 16, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Slemmons Photo Album page 22

Here are the next to the last two pages. I am pretty excited about finishing the album so that I start sharing more of the interesting things that I have for this family. So with that said I'll get on with the show.



Here is the next two pages in the album. Pages 22 & 23:

I'll be focusing on the left page this week. Here is page 22:

Here is the top left picture:
What is written on the photograph is different than the paper label. I lean toward believing what is written on the photograph. The photo says: "Fannie Munday" and right under that is written something in pencil. When I zoom in on it, it appears to say "F. B. Inf." Given the evidence on other pictures I believe this is to mean, "Fannie Belle Munday as an infant." Written under the picture it states: "Eula Bagby Ray, sister of Dolph Bagby" Well I think what has happened is that there was a picture of Eula Bagby Ray in the spot but someone took it out and replaced it with this picture of Fannie. Fannie Belle Munday is the daughter of Emily C Slemmons and James W Munday. She was born on Jan 13, 1884 in Metcalfe County, Kentucky. On 11 Apr 1921 she married William W Yates in Metcalfe County, Kentucky.

The next picture is the one from the bottom left hand corner:
The paper label of this one states: "Fannie Johnson." We have seen this Fannie before with her husband and their son in a posting found here. She is the daughter of Asher and Martha Slemmons and sister to Emily C Slemmons Munday. As I have discussed before Fannie married Andrew C Johnson. We have also see their son Henry Johnson in this posting. I really do like this picture. I like the way that her hair is looped in the front.

Next picture is the top right hand corner:
I have a personal affinity toward this picture. This is my grandfather, Richard Slemmons Munday. The bottom of the picture states: "1886 - 1 yr old." The rest of the his story is that he is the son of Emily C Slemmons and James W Munday. He was born 20 Sept 1885 in Metcalfe County, Kentucky. He married Gussie Otto DeSpain on 1 Jun 1921 in Green County, Kentucky. I have a picture that was taken at the time of their marriage.

Next picture is from the bottom right hand corner:
This is Richard Washington Slemmons, son of Asher and Martha Slemmons. I have posted information about Richard before in posting found here and here and here.

Here he is a little closer:

See ya next week!

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails