Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Make your own Headstone

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings blog has a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun every Saturday Night and tonight's mission is as follows:
"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, and I hope that you do, is to:

1) Think about how you want your gravestone to look. What do you want on it as a genealogist? As a child, sibling, parent, spouse, friend? Maybe some sort of witty saying?

2) Tell us about it in text, or create your own gravestone using the online services of companies like Headstones and Memorials. Remember that you have only a limited space to work with and that the bigger they are, the more costly they are.

3) Show us your stone, or what you would put on the stone, in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a Facebook status or comment."
Tonight I decided to take part. I thought I would have a little fun with mine! I don't plan on being buried. Jim and I are going to be cremated, but if I was going to have a tombstone, I think I would like it to look something like this. So here is my tombstone that I recreated on the website Headstones and Memorials.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails