Saturday, August 7, 2010

National Twins Days!!!!

Thanks to the August 1st posting of Miriam at Ancestories: The Stories of My Ancestors, I found out about Twins Day. Well to be honest, I had heard of it before but didn't know the exact date until her posting.

So I thought I would post a picture of my great-grandfather, Benjamin Lewis DeSpain and his twin sister Ida Leann DeSpain Marcum. B L, as he was called, and Ida were born on 1 Sept 1872 in Green County, Kentucky. I don't remember hearing when this picture was taken and it isn't written on the back of the copy that I have. But Benjamin didn't die until 1958 so they are at least in their seventies when this picture was taken.
Left to right: Charlie H Marcum (husband of Ida); Ida DeSpain Marcum; Benjamin Lewis DeSpain; and unknown man.

If you are interested in seeing B L when he was younger, check out my posting of an earlier picture of him in my Traveling Stove Agents posting on 3 August 2010 found here.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails