Thursday, July 8, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Slemmons album pages 8 - 9

Like sands through the hourglass, so are the pictures of the Slemmons Photo Album...guess which daytime drama I grew up watchin'! Sorry but I get bored with the same thing over and over. Anyway, as I posted in previous weeks, I have taken digital pictures of a photo album that my aunt owns.

So here are pages 8 - 9:

The close up of page 8, the page on the left, is here:
The paper label at the bottom states: "Mrs J. W. Munday and 3 youngest sons Carl Twyman Munday, Earl Franklin and Hermon Owen. Mother and brothers of Richard S Munday." I know my aunt has told me that his mother made a photo album for everyone of her boys to have when they got married. From the wording at the bottom of this page and through out the album, it appears she made the wording personal to the son that was receiving the album in which she was writing.

Here is an even closer look at this picture:
Carl Twyman Munday was born 16 Jun 1895, Earl Franklin Munday was born 17 Oct 1898 and Hermon Oren Munday was born 24 February 1903, all in Metcalfe County, Kentucky. In this picture Hermon looks to be from 1 year to 18 months old. (Totally guessing) So I think a good date to put on this picture would be around 1905.

The right hand side page or page 9:
The information written at the bottom states: "Mr & Mrs Williams, Summer Shade, Kentucky[.] Susan (Slemmons) Williams, a cousin of Mrs. Emily Munday" Susan Eavens Slemmons was born 7 April 1864. She was the daughter of Washington Slemmons and Elizabeth F. Brown. Washington was the brother to Asher Slemmons. According to the 1900 Metcalfe County, Kentucky Census Susan E Williams, age 36 was the wife of L. Williams, age 62. They have been married 6 years and have 2 children: Nelie B. age 2 and O. F. age 5.

And lastly here is a closer look at Mr & Mrs Williams:
The photographers information states: "A. Rapp Extra Finish Glasgow, KY"

I didn't realize how little information I had on Susan until I started writing this posting. But thanks to it I was able to get a little more information on her.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

2 comments:

  1. I am so envious of your (your aunt's) old photos, and other old things you've shown in the past. Maybe your aunt will give it to you, let's hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    I love all the old photos my aunt has and I do feel lucky that my family is fortunate enough to have these wonderful treasures. However, I also know how things in life happen and that is why I am taking the opportunity to scan and post these now while the photo album is still around.

    If you are envious of what you have seen so far, hold on to your bloomers because they only get better! I think I am only about 1/2 way through the album and they I will start posting the scans that I have started with the suitcase that is sitting on my living room table as I type. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails