Monday, April 26, 2010

Woodlawn does genealogies of previous occupants

I received my May/June edition of Preservation magazine today and found an interesting article about Woodlawn, a National Trust Historic Site. This article discusses Woodlawn’s research into the families that bought and settled on the property after it was sold out of the Lewis’ family in 1846. The reason I find this article so interesting is that the director of Woodlawn employed a genealogist to research both the black and white families that had resided on the property. Please check out the article in its entirety on the website of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah, I love Woodlawn, and many people don't realize it is so close to Mt. Vernon. I lived within 6 miles of it, and often went to it. I wanted to read the article you mentioned, but couldn't get the exact link. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    I'm sorry this is what I get for writing so late at night. The link to the article is http://www.preservationnation.org/magazine/2010/may-june/woodlawn-psp.html

    If you have any trouble with it let me know and I will email the article to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails