Thursday, April 8, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Picture of Littleberry Self, Jr

I thought I would follow last thursday's posting of the LittleBerry Self Jr bible with another posting on LB.

Have you ever had this happen to you? You go to an elderly cousin's house, ask them if they have any pictures of their ancestors, they say "Sure I'll be right back." They're gone into another room for a little bit and then come back with a TREASURE ! That's what happened to me with the above picture.

One day my dad and I decided to visit Ollie, a very elderly cousin of my grandfather who I believe at the time was about 92 years old, to see what kind of information she could give us about the family. Well, I hit the proverbial jackpot that day.

We had a wonderful visit with Ollie as I explained to her that I was researching the family and asked her questions about herself, her family and commonly shared ancestors. Then I asked her about any pictures. Well, when Ollie came out of the back room and had the above picture you could have knocked me over with a feather! And I was even more shocked when Ollie allowed me to take the original of the above picture home with me so that I may make copies of it. WOW!

She also had an original picture of Jonathan O'Neal, Littleberry's father-in-law and my 3 great grandfather. As if all of this wasn't good enough the best was for last when she told me the truth to a long wondered about family secret! That one will have to wait for another posting.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

1 comment:

  1. Deborah, Hi! This is your cousin from Georgia. I’m trying to reconnect with you. My grandmother was Sue Ellen Fuqua. Let me know the best way to contact you.
    Thanks,
    Karen Anderson

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails