Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - My kids!

I could have used this picture for Tombstone Tuesday but I thought I would go this way with it. This is a picture of my son looking at the tombstone of his 3rd great grandfather, William Easton Shofner.

William E Shofner tombstone
I really don't even know that he knew I took this picture but I'm glad that I did. This past Tuesday me, my husband and my 2 kids (aged 15 and 13) piled in the car and took a road trip to the country in search of a couple of cemeteries. I'll talk more about the trip in Tuesday's posting.

I thought this fit in well with today's topic of being Sentimental. It really meant a lot to me that the two of them, and my husband, who are NOT genealogy freaks, as I am, humored me enough to spend just about all day in the car while mom hunts for tombstones of which to take pictures. I know that my daughter will be very jealous that her brother got a picture on the blog and she didn't, but maybe next road trip.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails