Thursday, March 18, 2010

Treasure Chest Thursday - Earlier Researchers

My Treasure Chest Thursday posting for this week is the following letter. This letter was found in some of maternal grandmother's papers that my mother's sister had kept. My aunt has allowed me to go through these papers on a number of occasions. It seems like every time that I go through them I found some else that I had not noticed before. Of course I had probably looked at it on a number of occasions but never really saw it. You know how that goes. ;)
Anyway, when I did find this letter I was having a hard time finding the name of John Twyman's wife. I can't remember why, but I do recall being excited to have found this letter because it was going to help me make the connection that I had not been able to make. I also distinctly remember holding the letter, looking at my aunt and feeling very excited knowing that when I flipped over the letter it would tell me the name of another ancestor of ours!

So when I flipped it over and read the name WAIT, I really didn't know what to think. I don't remember being disappointed, but I do remember having sort of an anti-climatic feeling. But then once I composed myself, I was able to formulate the next steps that I needed to take with this new piece of information. And I was eventually able to find her father, but that will be another post at a later date. ;)

But now onto the reason I am posting this for my Treasure Chest Thursday entry. Earlier Researchers!

If it hadn't been for an earlier researcher from the 1920's, Mary (Mrs. Paul A) Twyman Klayder, it would have taken me a lot longer to find out the maiden name of John Twyman. This being the same information that she had already found 70 years earlier.

I know that some earlier researchers had the information all wrong and have led us down wrong paths, but for the ones that were right we should really consider ourselves lucky! I know I do.

Hope you enjoyed, glad you stopped by and please come back again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails